Thursday, October 18, 2012

Sunday Dinner

Hello Friends!

I'm not sure about all of you...but one thing I absolutely LOVE to eat is roasted chicken.  I especially love the crispy and flavorful skin (I know...probably the least healthy part of the bird).  I've tried many roasted chicken recipes...beer can chicken...stuffed chicken.  However...none of them quite fit the bill (or should I say "beak") to me. 

Now, as much as I love baking and cooking (and in that order), I also LOVE collecting cook books.  ANY cook book.  I purchase them off of clearance racks, at Home Goods and while in grocery lines.  The best way to get great cook books are at book fairs.   You know..when people donate all of their books and usually the money raised is donated to a particular charity.  I have found some wonderful cookbooks that were usually compiled of favorite family recipes by a church groups and other such organizations.  Anyway, I found what I believe is the PERFECT roasted chicken recipe and it was from none other than the Barefoot Contessa herself, Ina Garten.  Appropriately enough she calls it her "Perfect Roast Chicken" recipe.  Not only is it amazingly succulent and tasty, but it is also amazingly easy to make.  Here is a the end product followed by the recipe:


An important tip to remember is to LIBERALLY salt and pepper the inside cavity as well as the outside (after you coat with melted butter).  The recipe is as follows:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/perfect-roast-chicken-recipe/index.html

I didn't stop here.  My husband found a recipe on Pinterest for a pumpkin bread w/pumpkin frosting topped with a caramel drizzle.  I'm not going to lie to you.  This recipe calls for a ton of ingredients and a ton of steps, but I must admit that it's a keeper.  I'll be very honest with all of you.  I do not bake "healthy" dishes..I don't.  I believe in everything in moderation.  So I bake full on..full fat...full sugar.  This recipe called for swapping out 1/4 cup of sugar for 1/4 cup of sweetener.   I did not do that.  You can if you so choose...but I used a 1/4 cup of white sugar instead of sweetener. 



Here is the link to the recipe:

http://www.a-kitchen-addiction.com/pumpkin-bread-with-salted-caramel-drizzled-pumpkin-buttercream-2/

Well folks...that's it for now.  Once again, please feel free to post comments, ask questions and give me ideas of types of recipes that you might be interested in seeing on my blog.   My blog is only as good as those that are following and participating :)  May you all have wonderful Adventures in the Kitchen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment