Friday, December 14, 2012

Prayers to Those in Newtown, CT

Though this is a food blog I am completely beside myself right now.  As I'm sure many of you are aware, a tragedy occurred in Newtown, CT today.  27 innocent lives were stricken down by evil.  I was at work today, watching the news during lunch when I became aware of the happenings at Sandy Hook Elementary.  I'm not ashamed to say that I spent most of the afternoon completely distraught.  As the mother of two young boys (11 and 4) I couldn't help but put myself in the shoes of those parents that have now experienced the most horrific and painful loss imaginable.  Those same parents that were planning Christmas and presents and holiday festivities.  They dropped their babies off at school, just like any other day.  There is no way anyone could have imagined what would occur.

Tonight's blog is not about food. Tonight, I'm hugging my boys a little tighter.  Kissing them a little more.  Telling them how much I love them and how important they are to me.  I would suggest that you do the same. 

Many prayers to the families of Sandy Hook Elementary.  

No comments:

Post a Comment